Jan 20, 2018
Z_Tetriminos (All reviews)
As a great fan of the original Irresponsible Captain Tylor and appreciator of short anime, I can safely say: This crap stain just don't know which public it was made for.

Is it for the fans of the original series? Well, ICT aired in 1993. I was born in 1993, and watched the series in 2015. I am 25 years old. Why in the world would someone like me enjoy a series that's just a very very poor attempt to make a children's series? Not even a kid would find this funny.

Now. Imagine the people who watched ICT in the original airing. These people are probably 30-40 years old now. This isn't adult humor - they would sleep. And isn't children's humor either. It's not funny to anyone.

What about the original characters? Would a long-term fan be happy to see them again? Well... They just aren't here.

Remember how Tylor used to be a parody of Yang Wenli (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)? A kind, careless, lazy and kinda selfish character, who doesn't care for battles or becoming a hero, but gifted with a rare strategical mind which can win space battles with unusual, unexpected ideas. The original Tylor follows this pattern, just in a comedic way.

Banjou Tylor is nothing like the original. He's just lazy. A happy-go-lucky lazy kid. That's his only character trait. I know, I know, each episode is only 3 min long. Well, a single episode of, let's say, Saiki Kusuo no Psi-Nan (5 minutes long) has better character development than 12 episodes of Musekinin Galaxy Tylor. God, even Pupa has.

The same thing can be said about Goza and Yamamoto. Just dim shadows of their original versions. Yamamoto is not even human anymore. His turning into a robot must have been an attempted joke about his robotic personality in ICT. It didn't work.

And, again, remember when I said that this doesn't look like it's made for children? Take a look at Dolly's clothes. She's a new character. "Character", pffff. Tell me that her... Panties??? are suitable for a children's series!

Finally, the story. I don't know what kind of story this thing is trying to tell. Eveything happens as if you're watching McGyver. Asspulls and nonsensical events. The nonsensical events are there just to generate jokes. Jokes that aren't funny. Everything works like an ouroboros. A snake biting its own tail. Except, it's not a snake. It's a very long piece of shit.

CONCLUSION: Musekinin Galaxy Tylor isn't for the old fans of the series. Isn't for children (it's PG rated!). Isn't for anyone. Don't watch this.