Dec 7, 2017
duskphantom (All reviews)
This is my first review and i am not a native english speaker. So please bear with me.

I liked the anime to mouretsu pirates very much and gave it a 9/10. So i will give this movie a 6/10. I want to give it a little bit credit though. It looks good, even cgi parts and it was to a decent part fun i guess.

Jet i have two major complains with this movie. First of all it adds nothing new to the anime. It feels like they did this movie out of purpose to gain more cash. There are not so much references to the anime. just a few pics. Secondly marika was kinda replaced by kanata mugen. A boy who is whiny and hates his own dad out off reasons i guess. He was boring and i didn't care about him.

There were other things that bothered me too. The villains were boring and their reasons for doing bad things were just like as boring as the villains them sellfs. That other thing that bothered me was grunhildes crush on kanata. It came out off nowhere and i didn't get the reasons for that. They talked just like for four or five minutes and there was no real interaction, that leaded to this kind of thing. Another things was this scene where the girls from yacht club try to change kanatas clothes nd they seemed like they haven't seen a boy before. This whole scene was stupid.

If you want more from the anime, maybe you will be disappointed like me. But it's enjoyable.