Nov 21, 2017
DarkRavie (All reviews)
Yuuji Sakai thinks he is just a normal high school student until he finds out the truth; that the world has been deceived from the truth and that he is only a “Torch”. On his way home one day, time suddenly stopped. Shocked, confused and with no time to figure out what the heck was going on, Yuuji is attacked by a demon. Before the demon can actually do him damage, a young girl dressed in black, wielding a sword appears in front of him, slaying the demon. She tells him she is a “Flame Haze” and he is a “Torch” and that her job is to stop the “Denizens” and any “Rinne” they send from stealing human existence and upsetting the balance in the world.

My thoughts:
I very much enjoyed watching this anime. I love Shana and how she always says “shut up” 3 times. I had a little trouble liking Yuuji at first. He seemed to be in a daze a lot, confused and not able to understand what was happening. But as I watched the episodes, he grew on me. I did like the way the anime slowly gave Shana more emotion. And like all teenagers in anime or real life, these emotions confused and distracted her from her role as a Flame Haze. If the action of Shakugan no Shana doesn't pull you in, the drama will. It’s an anime worth watching.