May 27, 2017
jmriz (All reviews)
I loved this anime as a kid!!!! I used to visit a lending library in town with my dad when I was about 7 and we used to watch these Bible stories together; great memories! Very accurate and true to the Scriptures. I would recommend this to parents for teaching their kids about the faith and for their overall enjoyment. (Note: The first episode of the Japanese version contains minor nudity (Adam and Eve) which was edited in the English dubbed version.)

Story: 10/10

As there were many theological advisors, Catholic, Jewish, and Protestant alike, who assisted both directors, the stories were impeccably told.

Art: 6/10

Not great, but not bad, just adequate for the production.

Sound: 6/10

I would have wished that the soundtrack was more orchestral rather than the slightly tinny 90's soft Jpop which served as the anime OP and ED.

Character: 10/10

Perfect!! Gave the figures realism but not enough to go over the heads of kids. I very much appreciated that they were not treated as fictional characters but as real people who really lived.

Enjoyment: 9/10

As I said before, this anime really helped teach me the Bible as a kid and guided my growth as a Catholic Christian, so my enjoyment of it is more sentimental and thankful.

Overall: 9/10

Good, wholesome anime for kids and great memories for me!!

Thanks for reading and God Bless! :)