May 16, 2017
Rhythm (Anime) add (All reviews)
Sidewinder51 (All reviews)
Rate a 2
Completely silent film with no subtitles
art piece

Story
I detest animes that are solely visual unpleasant. Aside from a missing disclosure on those who are sensitive to light the entire show was a 'revolving disaster'. The main concern i had here was the intro. Mind you i am a detail oriented individual in some manners. Why the '1934' if marked as a 1935? My theory is the creation was in 1934 but due to some oversight in production time or simple case of memory loss it was not changed. Aside from that the plot was a mess due its complete lack of plot. Sad to say but i think i would know more about rhythm by going to a dance party or watching my clothes run through the washer.

Art
-black and white. Not the right type of setup i would use to express the topic of rhythm. For Rhythm to me is the expression of moment and the patterns presented that are affected by gravity.
-Artistic drawing level. Not sure what precise message was being shown but i couldn't help but to notice the gradual lack of detail as the film progressed.

Enjoyment:
I believe the target audience for this piece would either be instrument players or music majors.