May 11, 2017
Sonal1988 (All reviews)
I don’t get why this anime has such a low rating. I mean, yes, it isn’t of FMAB quality, but exactly what do you expect from a 4 minute-per-episode anime that’s obviously geared at a female audience? Intense emotional scenes, breathtaking action sequences or perhaps, some fanservice for their eternally parched eyes??

Room Mate is an xViewer anime (my first, I’ll be honest). I didn’t even know such a thing existed – I was only aware of this trend among fanfics and doujinshi. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled across this anime. Within the first 4 minutes, the personality of each male character has been made clear, and if you ask me, that’s a hella difficult job. Sure, they do fit in your typical anime stereotypes (the shota, the tsundere and the loner), but then again – this anime doesn’t have the luxury of delving into deep character developments because of its severe time constraints.

Here, you are the manager of the inn/lodge where these guys stay (they’re roommates, duh) and you get to witness their day to day lives first hand. The ED was generic, but I’ll admit – the animation was far better than I expected. I found the interactions and the camera movements particularly interesting. The most impressive thing, of course, was how much the animators were able to convey so much in every 4 minute episode.

While not definitely a masterpiece, if you’re looking for a breather in between watching an intense anime, or are just in the mood for something different, I’d definitely recommend this sweet and cute anime. After all, what’s 20 minutes of your life, right? Give it a try!

PS. I was gonna give it a 7, but after seeing so many guys (and I do mean, boys) downvoting this series for not pandering to THEIR likes, I upped my vote to 9. It might not help its overall score, but that’s my way of rebelling against these people and their unfair scores.