May 2, 2017
pianist88 (All reviews)
A good friend of mine suggested this anime to me, which I watched with an open mind. I thought it would be a good anime, but boy, was I wrong.

EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER is unlikable. Especially Panty, who seems to get the most airtime, despite her swearing every five seconds and screwing practically every male she lays eyes on (only to treat them like dirt) . We get it, she's meant to be a slut. Stocking was rather boring, Garterbelt wasn't much better; at least Chuck provided a tiny amount of comic relief. The most promising characters were the Demon Sisters, Scanty and Kneesocks, but after the love scene between them, that is when I stopped watching the show altogether. Of all the unlikable characters I've seen in anime, I would put Panty at number one.

Also, I don't see what is so 'genius' about this anime. Japan, if you think that the only thing Western humour relies on is swearing, sex jokes and toilet humour, you couldn't be more wrong. It's almost like you are basically trying to out-swear South Park. And even Family Guy has better humour. Panty is basically a complete rip-off of Yamada, the main character from the anime B Gata H Kei, which is superior in many ways. The sex jokes were stolen from Seitokai Yakuindomo, another superior (and underrated) anime. And the swearing (and sex jokes) get old so fast it's not funny. Seitokai Yakuindomo uses lots and lots of sex jokes, and, despite the fact they get repetitive, they actually work well, within the story. I can't explain how, but it's just the way I see it.

The only interesting thing about this anime which stuck with me was the artwork.