Feb 14, 2017
Tamakiiiiiiii (All reviews)
Minions. Everyone and their grandmother knows about Minions, they brought joy to us all with their silly antics time and time again. And now we stand at the foot of their next grand adventure, will this one be as good as the ones of old? Well, that's what I'm here for: to explain why you should/shouldn't watch the next entry in the Minions library of adventure.

STORY: 4/10
Let me be frank with you. The story is pretty bad. In order not to bore you to death I'll make this as brief as possible. Our adventure opens up with our main group of characters coming across this mysterious looking Red ball. None of them know what it is, but they know that it must hold some very sinister secrets. The majority of the anime is spent watching our characters fight over who gets to take care of this mysterious ball, and along the way, the Minions have a little falling out and their friendships really get put to the test. And that's about it, there is a major plottwist near the end of the anime, but I want to avoid spoilers as much as possible. Just know that it does get pretty intense near the latter half of the show.

Art: 3/10
This anime was a collaboration project between Toho animation and Universal studios, but the art wasn't really what we've come to expect from either company. I was really disappointed, since these companies have made some pretty beautiful works before. The character designs, well let me be honest, I never really liked the Minions character designs to begin with, so that was a bit of a turn off for me. Another thing that bothered me about this anime was that all the backgrounds were completely white. The animators can say all they want that it was a stylistic decision, but I know that it was just because they were lazy while making this. Which is a shame, as it did have a lot of potential.

SOUND: 2/10
Oh God, the sound. It was just-why? Why did they do these things? I know that they obviously didn't have a very good budget, but this is an insult really. Let's start with the Voice acting: Awful. The Minions all talk way too fast and you can't even understand what they're saying half the time. Like, just why?
Wanna know how low the budget on this thing was? Well, I don't know the exact numbers, but I do know that they couldn't even afford an OST. Yes! That's right, you'll be watching in pretty much complete silence for. The. Entire. Anime. The only sounds we hear are the Minions nonsensical rambling, some average at best sound effects, and something that I'd rather not spoil for you.

CHARACTERS: 2/10
The only thing that's more dreadful than this animes abysmal sound design, was its characters. I'll focus mostly on the main cast, as they seem to be the only ones that the animators cared about as well. So, you already know that their dialogue is a bunch of garbage, but that's not the only thing to hate about this anime. Yes, there's more. The one thing that I hate more about these characters than their terrible voice acting is (drumroll please) how none of their actions make any logical sense. I know that that's the Minions whole shtick and all, but you need to have at least one character to have a brain or else you're pretty much asking for a trains wreck. I mean, I just can't fathom how a human being actually wrote these characters, I really can't. They fight for pretty much no reason just so that the anime can milk it's forced drama, and then they build the entire animes plot around this disgustingly forced drama, I mean, what is this? Fuuka?
So, yeah, Characters? 2

Enjoyment: 1/10
I'm very much against giving out a 1 for pretty much anything. But I can't stress enough how much this anime blows in the enjoyment department, And pretty much every other department at that. It started off with its dumb premise but thats okay, I watched plenty of shows with dumb premises and I loved those. But this isn't one of those anime, they take their premise and do nothing with it, the characters spend most of the show having an internal fight amongst each other that didn't go anywhere, at all. It doesn't even get resolved by the end of the show, it just stops being a thing by the time the director finally decides to make an actual plot, and that doesn't even last too long. All in all, I did not enjoy this anime, especially near the latter half, where I was pretty much just forcing myself to continue just so I can write this review.

Overall: 3/10
And the verdict is in, this anime gets a 3/10 from me. This anime has very few redeeming qualities, even the plottwist near the latter potion of the show doesn't do much to stop this from being a piece of trash. Now, I'm sure this anime has fans, and I'm not here to tell you that you have terrible tastes..... but your opinions are just straight up wrong. This anime is not worth you time, I wouldn't recommend investing any time into watching this train wreck, unless if you're a high class masochist, then be my guest, this'll be right up your alley. But I'll warn you "You may never be the same again."

So, that's that. If you were ever on the fence about this anime, don't be: It's truly a piece of garbage. If you wanna watch something good you're looking in the wrong place, go, Gabriel Dropout, or Kobayashi, maybe then you'll find something actually worth it.

NOTE: For anyone with foot fetishes! There is one scene near the end of the anime with a pretty sexy foot. So you might Wanna watch it just for that, thank me later.