Sep 22, 2016
Yen_ (All reviews)
I don't normally write reviews, but this went so far beyond anything I could have ever imagined. I only watched it because I came upon it randomly for the 2016 Anime Watching challenge, but I couldn't be happier.

Story: 10
As a college student, I can find few things more important to my wellbeing than instant ramen, yet I know almost nothing about it. Nissin has graced me with a more important lesson than my professors could ever teach.

Art: 10
The simplicity of modern art meets a lesson in history. The juxtaposition of these themes creates a perfect setting for the story of Momofuku Ando.

Sound: 10
Audible orgasm. I'm left speechless by the sound. Everything else is really just made to complement the audio; I can think of no better way to deliver the story than through JRap.

Character: 10
To be fair, Ando is a bit of a Gary Stu. But his character is so unbelievably likable that I can't complain. Not all heroes wear capes. Some wear aprons.

Enjoyment: 10
Why are you still here? Go watch it. Now. To say I enjoyed it would be disrespectful to say the least. I've become enlightened. It was my privilege to experience the masterpiece that is Samurai Noodles: The Originator.