Sep 8, 2016
SkyC_12 (All reviews)
I am compelled to write a review as this is the first short story in years that literally made me tear up. This yaoi is no joke, it's raw, serious and mature and deals with important issues in a very interesting way.

Story: it's not perfect, the phone misunderstandings were a little strange but they managed to portray Yumi's relationship with his abusive boyfriend realistically, I could relate to Yumi a lot. Subjects such as domestic violence in gay relationships are not that often seen in yaoi, even less dealt with seriously so this was nice.
The story is short and nicely paced, what I liked most is that it managed to balance between the violence of Yumi's past relationship and the sweetness of the one he had and has with Mayama. It keeps the story from sinking to downright depressing.

Characters: the damn best part of this manga. The designs are great and they have interesting personalities. That part could have been a little developed but it's really only 4 chapters long of actual story so for that it does a good job. They managed to portray a real and raw relationship between the two mains, with great chemistry and realism.
Even Kan-chan gets an interesting development and that succeeded in making him seem more human.

Art: Great, crisp, mature, doesn't rely on moe/cuteness. Yet for the funnier expressions and other moments it reverts to very simple/chibiesque expressions I really enjoyed (coz they funny). Overall it was very pretty art.

I loved this yaoi. It's one of the better ones out there, don't hesitate to show it some love. Also, Yumi's laugh and Mayama's blush made my heart melt. Definitely a must read!

Art: Great, crips, mature, doesn't rely on moe/cuteness. Yet for the funnier expressions and other moments it reverts to very simple/chibiesque expressions I really enjoyed (coz they funny). Overall it was very pretty art.

I loved this yaoi. It's one of the better ones out there, don't hesitate to show it some love. Also, Yumi's laugh and Mayama's blush made my heart melt. Definetly a must read!