Jun 18, 2016
Mayoiga (Anime) add (All reviews)
HatefulRandom (All reviews)
This is one of those shows where what you expect is probably not what you get. But I was entertained enough to keep watching despite all its flaws. I was watching, to quote reddit, "reddit on a bus." That is, a bunch of random characters with barely hidden flaws go off on a journey.

Story: 7
Very... different idea. The story progresses at a decent rate with twists and turns to reach a relatively satisfying conclusion. Don't go in expecting a Higurashi or a Shiki.

Art: 5
Mediocre. The art is fairly basic, that's really all there is to say. Colors are good, atmosphere is decent. The CG is jarring. That being said it's still fairly watchable.

Sound: 7
I didn't mind the soundtrack. VA's did their jobs. Nothing too amazing, but it fit the series.

Character: 8
I'm heavily biased since I thought many of the characters were hilarious. Are they shallow? Very. Are many of them boring? Perhaps. But they're a bit more nuanced than they appear. For a 12 episode to eventually familiarize everyone with all the characters, one-dimensional that some may be, is in itself a feat.

Enjoyment: 7
I enjoyed the show, laughing with it, laughing at it, etc etc. You won't have a masterpiece here. Expect that going in, and it might be worth your while.

Overall: 7
Mayoiga attempts a lot in its short time. Don't watch this as your hype anime of the week. Watch it between. It may be a semi-amusing part of your day. Don't go in expecting a horror. Instead join for the character and the light mystery if they amuse you.