May 25, 2016
Blumenkranzzz (All reviews)
Fairy Tail is one of those long-running series many ridicule, and I understand that. I see the flaws just as much as any outsider does. I get pissed off the characters' being overpowered without any reason or proof of having acquired them most of the time. The whole "Friendship is magic" is literally everything in Fairy Tail and it gets too fucking old. But, it is also because of that, that I fell in love with it. I love the concept of family and unity and shit like that. I'm a sucker for those things and Fairy Tail is all about that. Also, all the over-the-top revelations for this series have been really fucking awesome. I love the character interactions and the way they genuinely bond.

You can't make me memorize the names of hundreds of characters but you don't need to force me to do that for FT. I know the Fairy Tail members by heart, because they are able to make you feel like you are part of their journey. Yes, FT has so many short-comings when it comes to the action and story-telling, but there is charm in this one that many people fall in love with which is why it is still popular to so many.

I believe that these sort of long-running shounen series are not for everybody, and it's certainly not something you watch if you want to get deep shit from it. When watching such shows, you have to take it in raw and as light-hearted as possible. You don't need to think. You just have to watch the shit. No analyzing shit or so on, because you're only going to be wasting your time.

To end, I have enjoyed this immensely as I have already been a fan since before. This direct sequel has more or less the same elements and aspects as the previous one. Just more "boom" and more questions answered for some of the characters' unknown pasts. Try it if you will, and don't if you're not up for it. It's as simple as that.