Jan 13, 2016
Kowabon (Anime) add (All reviews)
Tettsui (All reviews)
When I first read a summary about this anime, I was pretty intrigued, never having seen or even heard of rotoscoping before. The fact that this technique was going to be used for a short horror anime sounded even better!

I have to admit that I was pretty disappointed with the outcome though. I appreciated the experimental technique, but felt that the anime as a whole was lacking in direction and plot. At the very least, I thought they should've done a different story for each episode, but instead, it was essentially the same idea with different people. It became boring very quickly.

I don't think this anime deserves a score lower than 3/10, simply because the technique was interesting and would probably appeal to fans of Japanese horror. I thought some of the other effects were a nice touch, such as glitching and static. I also enjoyed the small segment during the credits which shows the behind-the-scenes filming process.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this anime unless you're a big fan of Japanese horror and/or rotoscoping. Otherwise, don't waste your time.