Oct 24, 2015
SEM98 (All reviews)
In the past, I’ve had some bad experiences with One-shot manga’s (I’ve found that they tend to end abruptly). However, this one-shot has proved me wrong.

Characters: 7/10
The characters themselves are not incredibly original, however they are both given characteristics that make them relatable. The lead girl Miwako, opens the story with her willingly agreeing to give up her hands to a Demon. Even though Miwako and the Demons back stories are not hugely developed, we are able to get a glimpse into their lives.

Plot: 9/10
To me the plot is more interesting than the characters. This is not necessarily a bad thing though. Even though it is a short melancholy kind of story, it is cute, light, love story. I feel like the story could have been expanded to more than one chapter--but its not necessary. It was ended at a sweet point and left me satisfied.

Art: 7/10
The art is very clean and simple and fits well with the story that the author is portraying. I wouldn’t say it’s outstanding nor would I say it’s mediocre. It fits well with the story, its basic but it still looks pleasing. The art focuses more on the characters than the backgrounds, but the author definitely still gives a lot to look at.

Overall: 8/10
I loved the whole motif and symbolic reference to hands in this manga. It really stressed not just how physically hands are important to humans, but, the beauty, grace and symbolism they hold. Overall, This was a very enjoyable manga. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a short, sweet romance.