Mar 8, 2015
whiteteeth (All reviews)
You either love or hate Madoka, that's my conclusion after discussing this series with friends and acquaintances that have watched it too. I believe it wasn't an anime that was meant for the "magical girl" genre fanatic, but for the anime fans who love crazy visuals and stories with dark twists.

If you want to watch this movie i believe you must be the latter... but i must warn you, this story takes those two thing and drive it to and extreme, so if you don't like this kind of things you are probably going to hate the movie.

Art and animation are a big fat 10, or even an 11. I must admit visuals are the most important thing here, but that doesn't make the rest of the content suck.

Story-wise i don't want to spoil it because it's all about the unexpected twists, but also that's what makes it so good. Just be prepared.

I wasn't prepared for the ending, and i must say i didn't like it, and had a very bitter taste on my mouth for a whole week... but i appreciate that it caught me off guard, and i love that. There are so few things nowadays that one can say "i didnt see that coming", and this movie is one of them. Would i prefer if it were different? probably... Do i think it ruins the whole movie? No, it doesn't.

So be prepared, this movie is a bumpy ride and you are either gonna love it or hate it.