Mar 1, 2015
torrapamii (All reviews)
For some reason, just by looking at the cover photo of Rokujouma no Shinryakusha, makes me think that 1) it would be really funny and 2) the action scenes won't be really serious. After watching, I guess my intuition was right.

Story: 8/10

An anime which has a magic girl, a shrine maid, a ghost and a noble girl for its main characters, I have never seen something like this before. The story is based mostly around the 4 parties and them trying to 'invade' the apartment room, which is for some reason, special to them. The story is also divided into stories about each main character.

Now, if you think you're going to expect a lot of action scenes because of that, well you're wrong. The anime is mostly towards a funny, romance-y route. A bonus to that is the it's a harem. The harem and ecchi isn't overdone, unlike other anime which only use fan-service to make the anime much more popular. The comedy side was nicely done and thank god there are no falling and grabbing boobs and getting slapped. The action part of the anime is actually quite ok. Most of the action is around Koutarou, and his mind-blowing 'skills'.

Art: 9/10

I don't know why, but whenever I look at the art of the anime, I instantly think that it will be a comedy+romance or maybe an action+romance. It's probably just me. The art is very nice, the colors weren't dull. The animation is also very nice, such as Korama and Kurama when they move.

Sound: 8/10

The OST fits each scene, whether the scene is funny or serious. It isn't overplayed or unnecessary. The OP is very catchy and fits the happy theme of the anime. The ED is very calm but it doesn't quite fit the anime. It's more for a drama genre, though it doesn't bother me that much.

Character: 10/10

Wow, a 10/10 for character? No bitchy, annoying characters in this anime? Surprisingly, for a harem anime, yes.

Satomi Koutarou, the main protagonist of a harem anime. He's very caring and always tries to make everyone happy, if he has done something wrong to them. Though, for a harem anime he is just a bit dense on the people around him.

Higashihongan Sanae, the cute girl ghost that lives in the apartment room. She is very cheerful around Koutarou, though she is a ghost and can't taste food without her possessing Koutarou.

Fortorthe Theiamillia Gre (who has a name like this?!?!), the noble girl who is very smart in script-writing. She works really hard to try to make things successful. She sometimes gets angry with Koutarou, but not in a mean way (if that made sense).

Kurano Kiriha, the shrine maiden who is very elegant and good at cooking. She is very helpful to Koutarou, like helping him in tough situations. She tries to do things very peacefully, even if the things she do have to be harmful to others.

And lastly, probably my favorite female character in the anime,

Nijino Yurika, the clumsy magical girl who really likes to eat food and can be outstanding, in her on way. She is very mindful of others, though people won't believe on the crazy things she say. The facial expressions and her sometimes just chomping on food in the background is probably the funniest thing in the anime.

Enjoyment: 10/10

This anime was funny and also had a good story. This anime was so interesting that I watched through it in one sitting.

Overall: 9/10

If you're looking for a unique story with unique and funny characters, then this anime is for you. Would I re-watch it? YAS c: