Feb 1, 2015
Rolas978 (All reviews)
Good Ending is one of those mangas that you've read 1000 times over and likewise offers nothing new. But is that such a bad thing? Depends really. Considering that I haven't read a manga like this in a while, I wouldn't say it was grating, but time after time I just wanted to pull my hair out because of how overly melodramatic it all was. I guess I should have expected as much but it still doesn't make it any less annoying. Now, I'm not saying I didn't like this manga. I did enjoy the characters and the story and the art, it certainly has some merit to reading. What I don't like is reading a story that's trying to be more than it actually is. It's like my feelings for Death Note and Attack on Titan, both made by the same person, both having the same exact problem. They were trying way to hard to be something they're not. And that's what Good Ending is, a story trying way too hard to be something it's not. The characters aren't original and the story isn't original. But again, this manga does have some stuff worth while. I really liked the art style, it was nice and pretty. And despite having read it 1000 times over, the elements that I enjoy reading in something like this are still present. But keep in mind, this story goes on way longer than it needs to be. I mean come on, 150 chapters? For this? At most it should be 80 and even then it's pushing it.