Aug 8, 2009
Yemi_Hikari (All reviews)
Story: 9

Not very many anime have made me cry, feeling sad, yet feel so overwhelmingly happy about the story. It reminds me of some of my favorite books, where one falls in love with the characters and can feel almost what they feel. While there is so much more I want to know, this gives a great set up for the full lenght Anime coming out.

Art: 8

The art work was crisp. The details were exceltent. I enjoyied the realism of the buildings, and the designs on some of the more ornate objects. Won't go into them as this might provide spoilers. The world is in darkness, but it is placed into a blue hue, so that it is neither scary, nor is it hard to tell details on.

Sound: 10

I have a bias here... I have always been a huge fan of the style of music presented in here, it is both haunting, yet somehow soothing at the same time, which fits this fully.

Character: 6

I personally think that we'll get more character development in the Anime, but we might not. We are only given a small glimpse of the characters, but as this is a special, that is to be expected, isn't it? The characters are still lovable and filled with personality. It is just not much there.

Enjoyment: 8

I was jerked to tears. I had thought, alright, this is going to be one of those happy go lucky Anime's at first, but then I came to the conclusion that it wasn't, and that it was a very thought provoking piece, which makes me wonder if the Anime coming out will be the same.

Overall: 9

I was mondo impressed. For such a short peice, and such a well developed world, they got a lot into the special here. Also, it drew on the emotions in just the right way, allowing one to sypathize with the characters. It is also a rather mellow story, but beuitiful none the less! :)