Dec 25, 2014
resinweber (All reviews)
Di Gi Charat is a very colorful and humorous slice of life following two catgirls, Dejiko and Puchiko, who wind up in Akihabara. Without a home, they find work at a game shop (called "Gamers" -- Which, interestingly enough, is the store that this anime was aired as an ADVERTISEMENT for, before it became a series).

What's really great about this anime is that it's taken in 16 bite-size chunks of about three minutes each. A lot is packed in to this tiny series, and it moves quickly. The timing for the jokes and for Dejiko's eyeball beam drive the humor in well. I'm glad to know that there is more of this, and that Di Gi Charat didn't just end here. There are later series such as Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat!, and Di Gi Charat Nyo!

As a person who isn't totally into moe, I still found this to be golden in my adolescent years as well as when I recently re-watched it as a grown-ass man.

There's one more thing I would like to say about the series. So, it takes place in Akihabara, right? Well, two characters really stand out and make me wonder about something that may actually blow my mind if it has any sort of truth behind it. The two side characters I am talking about frequent the game store. I don't think they have names, but one is tall with black hair, and the other is short and fat, with messy brown hair and glasses. He happens to talk JUST like Daru from Steins;Gate, and oddly enough he is also quite the fan of Dejiko. Could this possibly be a younger version of Daru and Hououin Kyouma? I would love to think that.

Overall enjoyment: 10/10. One of my favorite weeb songs comes from this (Party Night), and while story isn't much of a factor, I still loved it for other things like its humor and ability to keep you hooked via bite-sized chunks.