Sep 15, 2014
Kynov (All reviews)
Watching this anime is like having your girlfriend/boyfriend cheated on you or knowing your best friends stab from the back. In other words, it feels like being betrayed.

Sora no Otoshimono Final: Eternal My Master is one of the movie that have been most anticipation and one that have been through so many controversies. One of them is making this one into a movie. The first plan for Sora no Otohimono Final: Eternal My Master is making this into a series format but suddenly. they're changing it into a movie without any particular reasons. The result? We have a very much rushed and unclear story.

Sora no Otoshimono Final: Eternal My Master taking a place after the first movie, Sora no Otoshimono: Tokeijikake no Angeloid. The story in this movie is mainly focussing on the relation between Tomoki and Ikaros and how their life works after the previous movie and thats it. There isnt any plot and moreover, the whole story is a mess. At the first we have some dramatic scenes between Ikaros and Tomoki then after that we would seeing an usual SnO, which is comedy between the characters but then back again with some dramatic scenes without explaining whats happen with the first dramatic scenes. As the result, the emotional scenes that probably the director wants misses the mark and loses its impacts.

The other things that should be noticed how this anime doesnt explain anything in the end. As for a "closing"movie to the series, this movie doesnt explain anything like what really Ikaros do in the past? Where is Zeus? What is the black hole that appear in the sky? and so on. It leaves a big question and bring confused to viewers that doesnt read the manga like me.

But after all that, there is a good aspects that keep mestill to watch it until the end. It was the fillers. If you're expecting this anime would "finally" focus solely on serious story, this maybe a letdown. Since, nearly 80% of this movie still have an entertaining and funny scenes like the usual Sora no Otoshimono. The jokes as usual is great and the characters is still fun and lovely to watch. Moreover, the Tomoki's harem increasing with the presence of Chaos. However, funny scenes like this would confused us with where do they want to bring this anime? A serious one or like the usual one (Rom-com)?

The art and sound in this anime isn't much a thing,of course for movie format the quality is a little bit better than the series one but in the end, it doesnt much mean anything while the story is a mess.

As a fan of Sora no Otoshimono, this movie is surely a disappointing and makes me think what is in the director's head when making this. Is it a marketing sales so people would buy the manga for knowing what happen or the director just want to make a mess? who knows. Well, i really hope they make another movie or probably series to be a bridge for explaining what happen in this movie.