Aug 17, 2014
jiyugami (All reviews)
Story- The story was incredible. The emotions. I cried for and laughed at both villains and heroes, which is an incredibly hard thing to do. There was some mind rape-type feelings when I watched it the first time through, though I forgot why. Lots of interesting twists, at least if you haven't had it partially spoiled for you.

Overall score: 10

Art- Mostly great, but I feel they only really took it up to 10 for fight scenes, while the other parts are not as fantastic, but still decent. As far as gore goes, this may or may have not been worse than Elfen Lied, and I've only seen clips of that, so... that's a plus I guess, but nothing will make me more grossed out than Naruto Shippuden, so not enough organs being torn out of living bodies is what I guess I'm saying. A lot of other kinds nastiness though, like the faces of half-dead souls in limbo, bodies, gory scenes of a guy making heads essplode with no head but plenty of blood, and a LOT of failed scientific experiments. A LOT.

Overall Score: 9

Sound- Incredible breathtaking soundtrack, great Dub and Sub voice actors, and the sound effects weren't so bad that you could tell they were fake, so...

Overall Score: 10

Character- Very interesting ones. Multiple psychos on both sides, rather complex and very simple personalities, Original character designs, interesting naming, and both hilarious and not-very-hilarious flaws for each of them. Not a giant, in-your-face amount of character development in the main cast, but they didn't need that much.

Overall Score: 10

Enjoyment: No questions asked. This is one of the best anime ever. I loved it. It was funny, It was sad. It had a little romance, and a lot of humor and a heluva lot of action. Also, they didn't yell their attack names, (cause they don't really have attack names) so that made it even cooler than it was before.

Overall score: 10