Mar 19, 2009
Sheepdude (All reviews)
This is the dumbest show I've ever seen.

"The writers must have been on drugs" is a phrase used to describe a show that's bizarre or incoherent. Of course, drugs have the potential to alter the conscious mind, and many writers have created great stories under the influence. I fear, however, that the writers of Getsumen To Heiki Mina were not taking any vision-creating drugs, but were subject to the constraints and conformity of modern-day anime. And they had no ideas.

The plot, if you can call it that, is an asinine collection of monster-of-the-week bits, where the monsters are actually space rabbits who want to interfere with Earth sporting events.

Yeah, you read that correctly.

The only thing this show has going for it, aside from its seldom-occuring humor, is the kind-of-cool characters and their stories - mostly the main character. However, with the short length of this show, the characters appear - and reveal themselves to be part of the "good team" - in less than a whole episode. Pretty much every female supporting character becomes a rabbit warrior, sometimes by such random means as being thrown into a tomato patch and having the fruit fall into their mouth (which happens to be the catalyst for transformation). Not that we're expecting realism from this show, anyway.

The worst part of this show is that it's completely boring. The plot setups are always so farfetched and unnecessarily complicated that the audience's response will invariably be "gee, I guess the writers didn't have any good ideas."

If you're planning to watch this show because it's a Densha Otoko spinoff, prepare to be disappointed. Otherwise... well, you can see for yourself.