Aug 4, 2013
shaun2thet (All reviews)
Raising a baby isn't as easy as some people might make it seem, especially if the child is the son of the Demon King. His urination has the power to flood the entire country of Japan, oh and make sure to stay within 15 meters of the baby otherwise you will suffer an electrical shock that will instantly electrocute the life out of you.

Beelzebub is a 60 episode anime series following the high school delinquent protagonist, Oga Tatsumi, whom one day sees a big guy floating down the river, split in half, and is thus given the responsibility of raising the demon baby, Baby Beel. A pretty crazy way to introduce the anime right? Well that's just the beginning. Accompanied by the demon maid, Hilda, and the dimensional transporter, Alaindelon, Baby Beel has been sent to the human world to destroy humanity. But in order to do so,he must find a strong human who cares nothing of his fellow man to be his parent and raise him to destroy the human race.

Story:
I loved the story in beelzebub it was something unique and appealing to me right from the start and most importantly, lasted until the end. The anime carries an underlining plot throughout, but most of the episodes are really random and in aspect have really nothing to do with the story whatsoever. But, the comedy and the randomness of each episode was something I loved and made me keep watching. Despite many of these random episodes, the anime does come back to the story and later on the story even becomes a little more complex with new characters and obstacles coming into the picture. The ending did leave me a bit unsatisfied though for I thought we didn't see everything there was to see in which case some of the random episodes did get in the way.

Art:
The art was something I felt that really made the anime series enjoyable to watch. The character designs were done really nicely and consistently and it followed the vibe of the anime perfectly. For example, in comical parts of the show the expressions of the characters would fit the part perfectly making it much more funnier.

Character:
The characters in this show is what really makes the anime great. Oga is just this badass first year student who beats the crap out of anyone who messes with him all while doing so with the lovable cute demon baby on his back. We have our typical anime best friend to the main character who is a creepy pervert who has gotten into some of the most hilarious situations making me laugh countless times. Even the supporting characters like other delinquents and Oga's family were great. As you can tell by now this isn't really the anime to be taken seriously so character development isn't really a big concern in the anime. But you do see Oga get along and bond and become like a parent to Baby Beel and as far as character development goes that's pretty much it. But because of all the random episodes there isn't a need for that at all.

Enjoyment:
If you couldn't already tell, I loved Beelzebub. It made me laugh a ton and I just wanted to continue watching the random adventures of Oga and Baby Beel and the rest of their friends forever. If you're looking for an anime series that'll make you laugh and is really enjoyable to watch then I recommend Beelzebub. Give it a chance, you won't regret it.