Jul 16, 2013
Kurpendicular (All reviews)
Haganai: I Don't Have Many Friends.

Now this Manga was something I didn't expect, looking at the front cover all I could think was "Oh man, another teen manga with overused content". Oh how I was wrong.

Story: 8/10

This Manga is easily one of my favorite manga I have read in a while, the overall story doesn't seem very powerful at first, but as it has progressed it has slowly begun to reveal interesting little tidbits into the past of each of the characters. Now, I'm keeping an open view on the story, as I have not read the entire series (as only 3 volumes are out in English at the time I'm writing this). Humor has a major influence on this Manga, as the activities that they partake in generate a lot of fantastic and down right raunchy moments.

Art: 8/10

The art style for this manga, isn't anything overly unique or bland. It pays attention to the details when it is needed and it works well with the overall light and Hilarious themes. each character looks different, not only in their general display but in their facial expressions and posture. As a big theme in this manga would definitely be comedy, the art does not disappoint in portraying these moments to the reader.

Character: 9/10

Now, surely having a club that is for making friends is going to generate a lot of "Interesting" characters, and oh my, how it does. Throwing all of these different characters into one room would make any normal person question whether or not it's some twisted social experiment. The club starts with just Kodaka and Yozora, but as the manga progresses characters are constantly joining this lively club. An obnoxious princess, Kodaka Fan-boy and an overly intelligent 10 year old nun later and you have the ingredients for madness.

Enjoyment: 9/10

If I was to put this manga into one word, that word would be "Hilarious". Due to the simple fact that this manga shows what you can do when it comes to comedy. I found myself Audible laughing on public transport, much to the discomfort of the other passengers. Along with all I have said so far, this series is really shaping up to be one of my top 3.

Overall: 9/10

If you have not had the time to check this manga out, I would thoroughly suggest you find a copy somewhere and give it a read. It's funny, raunchy and brings a smile to your face with every page. I personally cannot wait for the rest of this series to be published into English, and I refuse to watch the anime until I finish it.