Jul 11, 2013
Polyphemus (All reviews)
This manga is about a girl who goes to live with an older man whom she has never met before. Why? I have no idea. It's never explained. This man insists on going around their apartment nude, even after she moves in. Why? I have no idea. It's never explained. He is not a naturist and his immediate motive does not seem to be sexual harassment, even if that is the obvious result. The creepy naked guy has a friend who regularly stops by just to make a large quantity of dick jokes about his supposedly large dick. You have to try really hard to fuck up dick jokes, as they are the easiest of jokes to make, but these were as unfunny as any I have ever seen, and were more creepy than amusing. Actually, they were very creepy and not amusing at all. These are the three central characters and none of them make any modicum of sense. For the first 5 chapters all character interactions pretty much consist of the two men sexually harassing the teenage girl. In the final chapter, as if you couldn't already tell from the description, she decides she loves him and they are going to get married. Why does she love him? Is it the unrelenting harassment? Is it the creepy older guy thing? Is it the dick jokes? Is it his dick? I don't know. It's never explained.

I know this is a comedy, but I could not bring myself to laugh at such a dumb concept and messed up plot. Am I supposed to find the sexual harassment and subsequent stockholm syndrome of an underage girl funny? Well I'm very sorry, but I just don't. At all. Not one bit. It was too far absurd to take seriously and simultaneously all too real to find funny. Most people would have to go out of their way to write this poor a story. The only positive things I could possibly think of to say about it are that the art was alright and that the short length made for easy reading and less suffering. Taking those slight positives into consideration I will give this manga a very generous 2 rather than the 1 it probably deserves. It was not compelling as a romance or a comedy and had nothing of value to offer whatsoever. I would not recommend it to anyone. Do not read it.