Mahoutsukai no Yome, Totsukuni no Shoujo Recommendations
These two works share their place in the demographic chart and have similarities in cast and topics.
The similarities are:
- Mag Garden publications, officially shounen, but female-made and female-oriented;
- the pair of main characters are a male mystical creature (tall, horned, feared by other people) and a cute human girl, the mystical creature takes care of the girl;
- deal with fear of the otherness and relationships between different species;
- magical setting, somewhat sad, have slice-of-lifey moments;
- there're hints on danger for the heroine.
The most prominent differences are:
- Totsukuni no Shoujo has a caretaker-child relationship, Mahoutsukai no Yome is closer to romance;
- Mahoutsukai no Yome
Both stories have horned creature with unknown background as a main male character. This creature acts as a caretaker/teacher to a human girl. In Mahoutsukai no Yome their relationship is romantic, Totsukuni no Shoujo is more about father-daughter relationship. Human girls are not afraid of the creatures, even though other humans seem to be. While Mahoutsukai no Yome is more cartoony and has comedy in it, Totsukuni no Shoujo creates more dark, mature world.
Both are set in a fantasy world where we follow a "monster" and a young girl.
Both girls have a supernatural being and magician as their company and guardian.
Very calm series about life and death and the meaning of them. They are also Iyashikei with a very similar feeling and atmosphere to them.
They are both Shounen, but have a female lead.