Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan, Souten no Koumori Recommendations
Both manga are set in a fictionalized version of feudal Japan and center around a warrior who seeks to atone for and/or escape from a life defined by violence and murder.
Both manga are set in a similar period (Tokugawa – Meiji) and feature very similar protagonists:
- Both are androgenous and thin, though very strong;
- Both are former assassins that don't want to kill anymore. They have quit their job to persue a peaceful life;
- Both have a trademark signal on their check;
- Both had a tragical childhood, and were saved and trained on martial arts by an older man that played the father figure;
- Both characters are haunted by their past.