Koukaku Kidoutai, Mardock Scramble: The First Compression Recommendations
They both share gorgeous futuristic societies, themes of rebirth, and lots of nudity. Some character designs are similar, but the main characters are polar opposites, with only looks in common.
- Both are full of philosophical dialogue. Mardock Scramble less so and is more action orientated.
- Both have similar story-lines. Even a similar way of story-telling.
- (Not a spoiler because we find this out very early on) Both have female MC's who are cyborgs with human souls and is set in a futuristic setting.
- Both have a gloomy and depressing vibe going on.
- I can't think of any two movies that are more similar to be honest. Very much the same vibe going on. I preferred Mardock Scramble as it was less nonsensical in my opinion.
Dark cyberpunk anime movies which give off a similar feeling and feature female protagonists.
-Both have cyberpunk themes
-Both have futuristic settings, including futuristic body modifications (eg, ciborgization)
-Both have similar art styles
-Both share 'themes' of rebirth
I personally enjoyed Mardock Scramble a lot more, for various reasons, but I think both of them deserve to be more well-known.
People who chosen destiny or fate are always fighting enemies and themselves. Just like machine.
This road must lead to a incomprehensible field. Even though they don't know only things.
Both are excellent Cyberpunk movies. Each protagonists, Motoko and Balot are strong cyborg women.
They're searching their reason for existence. Together with their companions, confront many menace.
Why they kill evil by trigger named guns? The answer is exist for both movies. Exceedingly complex.
Both worldview, visuals, characters are very attractive. Sci-Fi fans will definitely love them.
In terms of characters, Batou and Dr. Easter also similar personalities and position. They have unique skills, too.
Regarding main story, Ghost in the Shell