Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi, Da Yu Hai Tang (Movie) Recommendations
- Imaginative and filled with fantasy.
- Strange creatures and spirits.
- Similar art styles.
They have a very similar feeling with similar themes to them.
Spirited Away contains traditional Japanese mythology, Big Fish and Begonia is about Chinese mythology.
They are both about growth and development and life in general.
Both movies feature girls coming to a new, unknown world.
They absolutely feel like they could have been written by the same author.
Both are absolutely stunning!
PS: Funnily, Big Fish and Begonia might remind you of the US series Avatar as well in some ways, because it's inspired by East Asian cultures and you will similar outfits, rituals etc. in this movie.
- They both explore this "spirit world"
- Both gorgeously animated
- Both have this "mystical" or "magical" atmosphere
- Both have a female child lead whom faces a coming of age character development