Kyousou Giga (TV), Flip Flappers Recommendations
-Fun and quirky animation.
-One of the main characters is genki.
-Thrown/transported in a magical world.
These are shows which are supernatural with multiple worlds/dimensions. There are also some similarities between themes and story elements.
These shows have similar character design and involve an alternate reality. Koto and Papika are both energetic optimist. They also both involve family, and a god-like parent.
Both shows have a lot of whimsical and colorful elements, especially in the designs of worlds, but have more serious notes especially towards the climax. The plots of both are also paced similarly with a plot that comes together to make sense more at the end. The conflict in the plot involves family as a key part in both of them.
There are so many reasons these two shows should be watched and loved together, so where do I begin?
- fantastic alternate realities with colorf, well-detailed, fantastic backrounds and themes
- strong themes of family and the value it holds
- subtle and well thought out symbolism
- beautiful animation
- colorful and energetic presentation
- they never feel repetitive
- hyperactive, yet concise and excellent storytelling
- non-linear, yet easily understandable story
- charming and fun main characters
- exquisite and unique fantasy and adventure
- cute comedy that never becomes obnoxious
- dark undertones
- magic and science combined for the greater good
- low budget anime with excellent and unique art styles, well flowing, beautiful
Both include fantastical journeys into alternate reality worlds. Both Anime's worlds contain problems which are rooted in the main female protagonist(s), which only they can solve. Both are beautifully animated in refreshing new ways I've never seen or experienced before.
Both shows are very colorful and have vibrant visuals.