Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku, Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World Recommendations
"Kino's Journey" and "Now and Then, Here and There" are similar in a lot of ways. While at first they seem to be very different, they are alike. For one thing both series are very "simple" but not overly simple. Hard to understand eh? Like for example both series have simple, un-complicated plots, that will just stun and amaze you. Both series also have modest, and simple artwork and animation, yet still look very nice and not cheap at all.
Some other things that are similar are they are both very dark, in tone and atmosphere (Now and Then is much darker though) and very
• They both deal with mature and dark themes.
• They both have simple artwork, which deliver the story in an optimal and enjoyable way.
• They both have children as protagonists.
• Both are short series.
• They both deal with war and tirany as a theme, although Kino doesn't have it as a constant theme, while Now and Then, Here and There does.
• Kino no Tabi's episodes are conclusive within of themselves, while Now and Then, Here and There episodes don't reach selfconclusive.
• While both series use characters to develop their themes, Kino no Tabi uses the change of setting as a tool of presenting new themes,