Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch, Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Recommendations
This series is about military strategy with a strategic lead and a warrior best friend. Alderamin was closer to Code Geass R1 than Geass R2 was
In both of these series, the MC is a brilliant tactician. Often gaining the advantage in battles that were against their odds. They would need to think ahead, predict the movement and actions of enemies to outwit them, leading their own forces to victory.
- Both animes have a fantasy scenario portraying, mainly, a war between two great factions/empires.
- Both MC are clearly great commanders
- The war development is mainly based on the strategy and tactics and is often compared to chess/shogi (side note: both MCs excel on chess)
- Although the main combat is focused on large-scale combat, there are some good duels and small-scale fights
- There is a lot of polictics involved in the war and the MC seems to be related to the nobility
- Both worlds are kinda messed up, with the main empire focusing on war and having great economic, political and social issues.
Smart military tactics with a genius commander in charge. Its beautiful to see everything turn out just as planned.
Both shows have an MC who's a brilliant tactician and leads his army against overwhelming odds. The MC and his army is pitted against a vastly superior army.
Where they both differ is in the scale of the battles. In Code Geass, there are plenty of skirmishes against the Brittanian Empire; in Alderamin, the Republic of Kioka only influences the battles the MC encounters.
Both anime have brilliant MCs that are unwillingly dragged into war and excel at commanding armies as well as winning against overwhelming odds.
Same kind of strategy. Maybe Code Geass has a villan as a protagonist (but it depends on you if he's a villan or not)