Love Live! School Idol Project, Ongaku Shoujo (TV) Recommendations
The stories follow an orange haired female who upon seeing idols on TV, they are instantly entranced and amazed. However, in Love Live, she starts an idol group in which she scouts or recruits more members through the series, while in Ongaku Shoujo, the idol group has already been formed. Instead she is part of the staff management. In both, there is also a female character who does not approve of the orange haired girl creating/helping the idol group. All of the main characters in these two shows are females. The art style complements with the diversity of the how the characters look in a
An obvious choice!
- Both feature a large cast of girls aiming to be idols. Ongaku Shoujo has 11, LoveLive! has 9.
- Both include friendships established prior to the show
- The characters are very similar, such as the leads being clumsy and new to the idea of idols
- Both groups want to 'save' something
- The members of both group range in age, though LoveLive girls are all in school whole Ongaku Shoujo has some adult members
Ongaku Shoujo has more fan service, and less dramatic arcs than LoveLive.
LoveLive is entirely student/idol run, while Ongaku Shoujo has a studio involved.