Back to xathos109's Profile xathos109's Profile

Dec 20, 2020
Promising new post-apocalyptic manga w/ only 3 chapters out so far.

Feels like a mashup of yokohama shopping trip, girl's last tour, and kino's journey, plus some cyberpunk / military sci-fi elements that seem pulled out of / heavily inspired by ghost in the shell.

It's probably not the most original manga in the world, but it's pulling inspiration from the right places, and if you're a fan of yokohama and/or kino's journey you would probably enjoy this.

So far, the setting and world building are well executed, the duo of characters are pretty well developed and believable, and one (or both?) are heavily hinted to be cyborgs. read more
Jul 6, 2019
I usually don't write reviews, but I felt compelled to write one about this out of principle.

Kuutei Dragons is a not very well disguised fantasy / glamorization of whaling ships, with "dragons" (these dragons have, uh, tentacles?) as fantasy whales that the crew of an airship hunts and butchers for meat and oil (ie. cooking and lamp fuel, etc – again, this manga isn't exactly subtle). Given that Japan is one of the few nations that still practices illegal whaling (and dolphin hunting), I found this pretty distasteful.

The art is pretty good. The story and characters aren't really anything to write home about. You could read more