Rating System (Anime & Manga) 10. Along with obviously being great, it has to resonate with me deeply on an emotional and almost transcendent level. Something "clicks" in my brain during or after watching a show that lets me know that it was a 10. These shows are not perfect, but they were perfect for me and will always hold a special place in my heart. In most cases I'd rather rewatch these than look for new stuff to watch.
9. Absolutely amazing shows that I adore. Great ideas, brilliant execution. One or two elements stopped it from "clicking" for it to become a 10 but anything with this score is likely a favourite of mine. I'd rewatch these without a doubt.
8. Great shows that I have very few grievances with. Probably didn't connect with me much or had some debilitating characteristics but still super impressive. Most of these are very memorable and I wouldn't mind rewatching most of them.
7. Very solid anime that had a notable amount of flaws or things that I didn't like, but in which the parts I enjoyed vastly outweighed the bad. I'm definitely glad that I watched these but they don't stick out much in my mind and I don't think about them often. At this score I usually wouldn't rewatch anything.
6. Usually limited, messy, or disengaging in some way but I still generally enjoyed it. This is the score where the shows are split between stuff I'm glad I watched and stuff I wish I skipped out on. Still a net positive.
5. Basically neutral. Not good, not bad. Usually uninteresting, or held back by a lot of problems. In the majority of cases I wish I hadn't watched these.
4. Actively bad shows with a lot of elements that I disliked, but with some redeeming qualities. Not disgraceful or anything.
3. Generally terrible. One or two decent elements or ideas but nothing that comes close to salvaging it. Or maybe it was okay and I just hated the type of narrative it was.
2. Embarrassing. I only continued watching out of morbid fascination.
1. Nothing shows up with literally no value. A special place reserved for shows that aren't just awful, but also offensive.