Back to starmelt's Profile starmelt's Profile

Feb 11, 2017
For starters, I have never played Touken Ranbu. So this review is based entirely on the anime. I strongly believe that if you need knowledge of the source material in order to enjoy an anime, then it has failed to be a good adaptation.

However, despite not playing the game, I still really enjoyed Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru.

I learned a term recently, that I think really describes Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru. "Cute boys doing cute things." Much like K On! is a "cute girls doing cute things" type of show. The plot of Hanamaru is not important, and never was meant to be.

Hanamaru is meant to be pure read more
Dec 31, 2016
At first, I didn't like Keijo!!!!!!!! all that much, but the minute they mentioned an attack called "Vacuum Butt Canon" I knew this anime was for me.

Nozomi's drive and determination to learn the aforementioned "Vacuum Butt Canon" despite the risks, was so touching, so inspiring, my will to live came back. Now I can look forward to 2017, with newfound determination to live my life to the fullest. Just like Nozomi's full butt.

In addition to the characters being phenomenal, the animation was also gorgeous. The fight choreography was stellar, and it felt just like I was watching a high-quality shounen. My friend and I read more