Back to nikkiwebsterrulz's Profile nikkiwebsterrulz's Profile

Feb 17, 2019
[Spoiler Warning]

I write this review as a die-hard (male) fan of Code Geass. It was ten years ago when I saw Lelouch of the Rebellion and the degree of plot complexity and rich characterisation was beyond anything I have seen in anime as a teenager. In a certain sense, that anime series helped to shape my anime tastes for the next decade, among other anime classics such as Madoka, Cowboy Behop and Neon Genesis Evangelion. But is it worth it?

Well, there are redeeming points to make about the movie.
- the animation is smooth, well-detailed and its nice to see Code Geass so beautifully rendered on read more
Dec 22, 2016
I write this as a gay adult man who's actually interested in proper M/M romantic representation and as someone who's jaded of queerbaiting and stereotypical heteronormative gay relationships in the shounen-ai genre. So when I was drawn into the hype that YOI offers a compelling storyline which extends beyond cheap queerbaiting and homo-fanservice, I was intrigued to say the least.

I am going to do my best to be entirely unbiased. There are certain redeeming qualities to the show that I think deserves mention.

a) Ethnic representation: It isn't often to see America being represented by a Latino, to see prominent cast members from Russia, read more