The show starts pretty well but soon the problems start to arrive and you realize that the author was more interested in promoting a number of social messages as:
1. A woman can cheat on you as a form of love towards you. Makes no sense but whatever
2. Even the worse, evil woman in the world can have her happy ending just because
3. When it comes to religion men evil, women good.
Now to dive in the problems this show has:
1. The motives of the person seen as the antagonist for most of the series are dumb and nonsensical but for some reason many seem to agree
Most castles are actually palaces and severely lack defense
3. When conquering a castle raising its defense levels does not seem to be something people do in this universe
4. People do not understand how a seige works. Everyone just exists the palace and does frontal assault. The only good seige is towards the end and the seiged building is not even a castle/palace but a small city mainly housing an academy.
5. Shields and Armor are just like paper mache and matter not
6.There is almost no strategy in any attack, almost all do frontal attacks and apparently with the exception of Dartanians which apparently are some sort of super humans despite having no magic is all about numbers
7. a woman defeats multiple male opponents in combat AFTER LOSING HER ART
8. Many of their decisions are illogical and dumb
10. The author spends a great deal of time trying to make us feel sorry for the main antagonist despite making extremely dumb and nonsensical decisions that only made things worse
11. Inserting the Holy Grail crap from Dan Brown's novels
12. No combat is remotely interesting. Tactics like scorched earth, traps, skirmishes and guerilla tactics which have been used in history are never used
13. The whole idea of needing an emperor is foreign to Europe as unlike Japan is much larger as a land and the people on it are much more diverse. Also we have real winter
14. Apparently being the ultimate effeminate cuck gives one the ability to strategise despite testosterone being the main factor for a good strategist and also makes you look masculine
15. why simply executing the people that took part of the conspiration never ocured to anyone?
16. There is no rain, mist, snow,etc. All things that can change the path of a battle
17. The motives of various faction that represent European countries or populations (Greek, German, Slavs, Vikings, Muslim) are grossly misunderstood
18. Generally none of the fighters think about conjuring beings of chaos as a military strategy to create disorder in the opposite camp. There is only one case towards the end and then they simply conjure one single giant clumsy being which is easily defeated instead of many smaller ones whcih could overcome by sheer numbers
19. just because the grancrest is created does not mean that things will change much apart from the dissapearence of magic and magic creatures. Someone still needs to work the lands.