Back to mangareader123's Profile mangareader123's Profile

Oct 23, 2015
Goggles (Manga) add (All reviews)
To me reading this manga was like looking at some parts of the characters' lives. It was not seeing them do great things, they didn't save the world, they just did what they did. Everything felt so natural. And this is what I want when I ask for mature, realistic slice of life.

The art fits very well with the story. It is real enough.

The stories are like an art drama. They have sadness, hope and a sense that the story will go on, it won't end. They are very good.

Do not read this if you are looking for some out and out laughter or read more
Oct 21, 2015
This manga is about a girl ho has no job. It is about her struggles to search for a job.

It started really slow and at one point I felt like dropping it. But then its simplicity and the protagonist's relatable attitude managed to keep me going.

Read it if you want a simple, cute story with a lazy lead. Do not read it if you are looking for action, thrill, or adventure story. This manga is all about your everyday person who is too lazy to do any work. But then all of us act like that at times. So, it should be relatable to all read more
Oct 21, 2015
This is a set of stories (every chapter is an independent story) about chinese heroes carrying out assassinations.
I usually like such action-drama, especially historical stories but not in this case.

The art looks childish and even though every page is coloured it fails to impress me.

The stories are traditional folklore so they are okay but the presentation is really poor. After reading through half a chapter I couldn't figure out what was happening and this was the case with all the 5 chapters. It seems there is no direction at all. I'd rather read such stories in text form to learn some chinese folklore.

The biggest flaw read more
Oct 16, 2015
I stumbled upon this manga by pure chance while searching for Black Jack(by Tezuka). The two manga are not related but both are among my favourites.

This manga is based on a common intern who is struggling to find out what is a doctor. Who is he? What is his role? The protagonist does not like the bureaucracy in the medical world. He wants to be himself and not a robot driven by rules of the medical association.

What is important to note here is that this manga is not targeted to a wide audience seeking laughs and action. This is a seinen manga meant for thinking read more
Oct 14, 2015
Black Jack is one of the best manga that you can find. It was made by Osamu Tezuka(The God of Manga) himself and is considered one of his best works. Here we have two short stories drawn by several different artists and not Tezuka himself. But believe me when I say that this manga does not fall short in any way.

If you have read Black Jack then you'll surely like it but in case you haven't still it'll be good a read. It manages to ooze out the same feel as the main manga. It is short- only two stories, so no reason to delay read more
Oct 12, 2015
There are so many manga easily available that as a reader it is hard to decide which one to read. Many are just good, some are very good and sometimes we start reading something that we don't want to finish. Rarely we come across a manga that transcends time and brings joy and tears to the reader. Such a manga can be called a Masterpiece. Ashita no Joe is one such manga.

This is the story of a boy who became a great boxer. If I write like this I won't be able to convey my feelings and anyways the summary has been provided. Many a read more
Aug 27, 2015
A great manga about football and friendship. The art,characters are good and the story is good too but the overall enjoyment is great.

I started reading it just for a change but it turned out to be a gem.It is short and a total page-turner. It is also highly underrated. I say why not give it a try?
Jul 30, 2015
This is a really short, simple and sweet manga. There are many types of stories, some make us think, some make us cry,etc. but this is one which makes us feel nice and happy.

This is a good read if you are looking for a short and sweet manga.
Jul 30, 2015
The story is pretty simple and common but I like the manga since the presentation, the narration doesn't drag out. The art is fair, characters are also fair but nothing is exceptionally good.

The pace is nice and even though we know what will happen it is quite enjoyable. This is an average read and not something for when you are looking for a serious, deep manga. On the other hand this is for you if you want to read a short and sweet love story.
Jul 28, 2015
Alive (Manga) add (All reviews)
Before reading this manga I read some reviews about it. So maybe my expectations were high especially since I like psychological manga but somehow I didn't feel satisfied.

The plot is strong but the manga is so short that it fails to make an impact. I feel that the characters could have been better developed. Still it was an average read.

It could have been a great manga but the story ends just when the reader starts getting engrossed in it. At the end I don't get a feeling of closure.

For me it was a worthwhile read. Read it and you may like it if you read more