Back to mangareader123's Profile mangareader123's Profile

Jul 30, 2022
Preliminary (55/488 chp)
Do you like history? Geography? Episodic manga? A genius protagonist?
Then you are in luck.

Story. 7/10
This manga is about a man whose origins are unknown. He can create a replica of ANYTHING!! Be it an ancient Chinese vase, Japanese noh mask, statue or even a person!
He says he doesn’t create copies, he creates originals.

This is a simple manga, every chapter has a separate story. We get to see various countries. So far I’ve seen stories from more than 30 countries already, with ties to their history, and artifacts. It is really amazing. The author has taken efforts to make up all these ...
Jul 11, 2022
Before there was Bakuman, before there was Death Note.....there was Hikaru no Go. A manga based on the board game Go aka Baduk, made by Takeshi Obata and Yumi Hotta.
The art in the initial chapters is unpolished, but in the later chapters it is as good as Death Note.

When I started reading this manga I had never heard of Go. It is an ancient Chinese boardgame, the oldest boardgame that is still being played. Since 2,500 years!
You may have seen the movie/documentary AlphaGo about Artificial Intelligence defeating the world Go champion Lee Sedol. Amazing movie, I saw it after reading this manga.

Story. ...
Days (Manga) add (All reviews)
Jul 5, 2022
Preliminary (360/376 chp)
Story. 7/10
From seeing the cover and reading the synopsis you can get what this story is about— a bullied boy(Tsukamoto) meets a talented footballer(Kazaa) who saves him from his bullies and introduces him to football.
That’s it— a simple common plot. And therein lies its virtue of simplicity. There is no complicated plot. Just a kid who wants to improve.
Tsukamoto Tsukushi is not especially talented and has no inherited “special skills” from his father. Thank God this is not that type of shonen. He is not like Naruto and Tanjiro. Tsukushi has to Actually work hard for his gains. And he even injures himself ...
Jul 1, 2022
Preliminary (4/? chp)
This manga is too good to not have a review!

Story. 8/10
Imagine you are an old woman. 65years you’ve spent on this earth. And your husband died a few weeks ago. Your kids are married and happy.
What now?

Umiko (the granny in our story) is waayyy cool. She is dope. Despite her age, she is young at heart. She loved everything about movies, a passion she enjoyed with her husband. Now she watches movie alone and it invigorates her. That’s the hallmark of a passion, it gives you new life.
So she goes to watch a movie, and meets another movie lover— a college student named ...
Jun 18, 2022
Why do people dance?
On occasions like marriages, school events, competitions,etc people dance. But why? In its purest form it is an expression-- of joy, sadness, and other feelings of the dancer. It is also a sport. Dancing is tiring.
Another question, why don't some people dance? Is is because they are too tired? Probably not. Most common reason is that people don't want to make a fool of themselves while dancing, they don't want to be judged. Fear of public speaking/dancing is second only to fear of death.

In the anime-- Welcome to the ballroom, we see Tatara Fujita, a middleschool kid who has no direction or ...
Apr 11, 2022
Preliminary (106/? chp)
It is 5AM right now. I can hear the birds chirping outside, and in 4 hours I have to start my day. I have a test tomorrow. How did I mess up?
I made the one mistake that all manga/anime lovers make— I started reading an awesome manga right before going to bed.

Story. 8/10
Nobunaga no chef is a manga about a modern day chef called Ken who mysteriously gets transported back into time to Sengoku era.
Thanks to his skills he is discovered by Oda Nobunaga, the Devil king himself.
The number one thing that Nobunaga values is skill, which Ken has in plenty, so ...
Apr 10, 2022
I’ve recently read Gunjo Senki, Nobunaga concerto, so I came across this manga.
It is a historical manga, BUT IT IS A SHOUJO! And it is based on an Ikemen dating game!! Damn, this sound amazing, maybe I’ll love it maybe I’ll hate it. Let’s find out. So I started. And actually liked it.

Ikeru means “cool, good looking” and Men means umm.....men. So Ikemen is a genre where all male characters are good looking. A reverse harem, or something like that.

Story. 7/10
It is a simple story, a girl in modern day Japan called Mai gets transported back in time via a wormhole ...
Apr 7, 2022
Preliminary (7/? chp)
I am not Japanese, I just read manga and that has given me some insight into Japanese history. I like history and so i read lots of historical manga. War, action, history what’s not to like?
This is a historical manga

One of the most famous man in Japan was Oda Nobunaga. Starting in 1560, he had a small clan, which he grew to become powerful enough to take over about half of Japan.
He is known as the first unifier of Japan. Toyotomi Hideyoshi and Tokugawa Ieyasu are the second and third respectively.
It is said that as he became more powerful Nobunaga became more ...
Apr 5, 2022
Preliminary (36/177 chp)
There are lots of time travel manga out there. Travelling back to times of Nobunaga is almost a genre in itself now! Eg. Nobunaga concerto, Nobunaga no chef, Drifters,etc. This manga is the same.
It is a bit underwhelming though.

Story. 7/10
In the first chapter we are shown a highschool in modern Japan that excels in sports clubs like Archery, Baseball, Rugby, Kendo,etc. The MC is a guy called Aoi Nishino. He is good at archery but very underconfident. He can’t perform in competitions. Yet like most kids he feels if only he were in the Sengoku period he would have succeeded! Lo ...
Apr 3, 2022
Once a katana is bent, it cannot be placed back in its sheath. It is useless. It is thrown away.
I came across this theme at least 3times in this manga. Initially, I thought cool, nice tidbit to know. But later on I understood the deeper analogy that is shown here. It’s not just swords, it’s same for people.

Ichigeki or (One strike, One kill squad) is a manga set in one of the most famous historical period in Japan. The Meiji Restoration. The Shogun has a military rule, supported largely by Satsuma region, while the Imperial loyalists hold Edo and want to modernise Japan. They want ...