Back to maazu's Profile maazu's Profile

Aug 28, 2015
The namesake of a play from Shimura-sensei's Hourou Musuko, "I am a Girl" deals with gender identity as well as other important issues.
The manga is six unrelated stories, one of which is told from the perspective of three brothers. (I will write various content warnings with the different stories, since it seems some of them can be a bit triggering - message me your opinions!)

ch.1 - He said "I'm a girl" - score: 7 (good)
If you've read or seen Hourou Musuko you will recognize the plot of this one-shot. If not, you see a world where everyone's gender have been switched around, and people learn read more
Aug 17, 2015
Have you ever felt the need to watch an anime that butchers the Bechdel test in every episide, centered around two incredibly strong and well-rounded female characters? Then look no further.

Michiko e Hatchin follows the two unlikely comanions on their journey to find a man from their pasts, and in the course of the show we see wonderfully written characters going through beautiful character development.

The two main characters - as well as many of the recurring characters - go through important character development, and it's so fabulously excecuted you don't really notice it until it hits you hard.

As well as being full read more