Back to lolaf's Profile lolaf's Profile

Nov 13, 2018
There is really no way to avoid spoilers for the first episode in this review so while I'll try to be vague about later developments there will be spoilers ahead.

I'll admit going into this I have a clear bias towards the particular subject matter, I'm a theater student with a love for musicals, well animated fight scenes and light yuri bait; this show was built from the ground up for people like me. So let's just break this down.

Story: 8/10
The Story has been done before, to put it lightly, which is why it misses out on full marks but the presentation of it is read more
Jun 21, 2016
Amnesia (Anime) add (All reviews)
This review will include spoilers!

I'll admit, Reverse Harem anime's are my guilty pleasure and every so often I watch one on a whim and I usually walk away feeling disappointed, both in the show and in myself but sometimes the feelings I'm left with are anger and disgust.

Amnesia is the latter. So let's break this down.

Story: 3/10

The story is honestly one of the more disappointing aspects of this show. The premise is interesting and the caveat of the protagonist having to try and figure out which new timeline she's in in order to avoid completely messing everything up is probably better utilized read more
May 23, 2016
Gate is propaganda, and based on how high it scores here it's damn effective but as an anime series it fails on the most basic of principles and just isn't any good once you realize it was built solely around being pro-military media fodder.

So let's break this down into the grading criteria itself:

Story: 3/10

Gate's surprisingly strong opening and base concept is the only reason I didn't rate it any lower as in the right hands they could have been the building blocks for a genuinely good show.

Shortly after the JSDF enters the titular gate things take a turn for the worse read more