Back to gimli1234567's Profile gimli1234567's Profile

Nov 10, 2016
Disclaimer: only 4 chapters have been published at the time I'm writing this. My opinion might change later, but I have high hopes. Also, I intended this review to be short and sweet, but the minimum requirements by MAL are preventing me from that... But on to the real review!

So far, this manga has a nice touch of the supernatural (hint: look at girl's shadow on the cover), but it's still early enough that I don't know which direction it's going to take. It could be an intensely supernatural manga, or just a source of explanation for one of the characters.

I might be overlooking read more
Aug 22, 2015
Sekirei (Anime) add (All reviews)
I am normally not a fan of harem animes because they typically leave the viewer without a conclusion. Sekirei was very unique to me because it presented a situation in which it was almost okay for the male MC to have a harem. Yes, most of the girls in his harem would have liked to have had him exclusively theirs, so those feelings remain. However, the status of all harem members is clear to all, and they're all better off for being in his harem--quite unique if you ask me.

Basically, this was one of the most acceptable harems I've ever seen, and wish read more
Nov 16, 2014
An uncommon plot: boy and girl fall in love, and boy and girl are loyal to each other throughout the whole series. It doesn't deserve to be called a harem for that in my opinion. Yes, there are several other female characters, all of whom seem to have feelings for the male lead, but he (as I said) is pretty kind about things. The female lead is positively beyond human--patient, kind, and generally perfect to a point that is impossible for a real person. It's a happy, uplifting show. Absolutely wonderful.
Nov 5, 2014
Allow me to preface this by saying that the only thing barring this from a better review from me was its depressing brevity. I felt like this could have easily been at least a 25 episode show, and it ended all too soon. I ranked the story as a 7 for this reason (given more time and character development, it would have been worth a possible 10).

I began watching this expecting another fun, rom-com harem. Oh, and the end of the first episode made me thing that perhaps some forbidden romance with his sister was brewing as well. Thankfully, my expectations were rather wrong read more