Back to eclectic_lit's Profile eclectic_lit's Profile

Mar 25, 2017
TL;DR: Beneath the crudeness, this is an amusing and absurd show which is worth watching at least once. The secondhand embarrassment is strong and the story is quite unique.

Detroit Metal City-- not going to lie, the name made me think it was some sort of mecha. With cars. Because I don't listen to KISS, and I had no way of knowing the song this was based on. BTW, the song by Kiss is quite good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZq3i94mSsQ

So, going into this anime with no sense of what metal really entails, I've come out much the same. But it was an enjoyable ride.

People will tell you read more
Mar 13, 2017
Tl;dr: Any possible potential this show had is ruined by the lack of scary scenes, cliched characters, utter dearth of character development and inconclusive ending. If you’re even remotely the critical thinker type, this will not be an enjoyable experience. 4 out of 10 stars.

This show was something that a friend used to really be into circa 2007. I recently remembered it out of nowhere and decided to check it out -- figured a MAL rating of close to 8 couldn’t be that bad, could it. Boy, was I wrong, and HOW.

Let’s start off with the horror aspect. There is none. Out of 25 episodes read more