Back to belle_desu's Profile belle_desu's Profile

Aug 2, 2019
Given (Anime) add (All reviews)
Given is probably one of the best adaptations of a Boys Love manga out there. I can say this with confidence despite the fact that I have only seen the first 4 episodes. (WARNING: may contain spoilers). Also, this is a review from the perspective of a huge Given manga fan.

Story -
It's mostly about love, loss and then slowly learning to move on and let go. I have to say, it's one of the most engaging, realistic and emotionally resonant young love stories I've come across so far. Not much has happened in the anime yet - but I think it was done with purpose. read more
Jul 27, 2019
Sex Ed the anime? I just saw the first few episodes and yet here I am, compelled to write this preliminary review of one of the best shows this season (I know it's way too early to call it, but that was honestly such a strong first episode that I think they could really pull it off).

This show is basically about these young, hormonal, curious teenage girls who are starting to get exposed to the reality of sex. And the way they depicted them reacting to being confronted with it, both extremely relatable and downright hilarious. At times, heartwarming even.

I don't think I've seen read more
Feb 4, 2019
Okay. Firstly, I completely understand people who write off this anime as trash because it is basically just a 3 minute episodic short series with a bonus 20+ mins. of interviews with the director and seiyuu regarding the process of making their episode.

That being said, I actually enjoyed watching this show (currently still on episode 4) for 2 main reasons:

1. On it's own, I think the shorts are pretty hilarious and I immediately related with and empathized with Ekoda-chan as a character. (I think that may be in part because of the strength of the source material) Even though I am nothing like her, read more