I rate things based on how I enjoyed them
10. The anime was something that I would remember for a long time, has an amazing story and plot, has a high chance of being rewatched, and usually ends up being a favorite of mine. The rating is something I really only give to anime that has sentimental value to me, for example, Sprited Away, being the first Anime Movie I ever saw in my friends living room, is a 10, and rightfully so as its something I continuously rewatch on an annual basis.
9. The anime exactly fits my taste, and is amazing in its own right. 9's will usually have a long lasting impact, but the type of impact that your not obsessed with, and as a result 9's will usually not have a high priority of rewatch. Occasionally, I will rank an anime outside of my normal tastes a 9 if it is something that I sincerely enjoyed even though the genre is normally something I would not watch.
8. The anime is something I thoroughly enjoyed, but has at least one flaw that kind of dummed down the whole experience. This could be an ending I didn't like, an art style that I did not agree with, etc. But overall the anime is really good and rightfully deserving of a high score.
7. The anime is good, and just plain good. Anime that have a 7 I will usually give to anime that I generally enjoyed, despite any flaws it may have had. 7's will usually be anime with characters I like, but with a plot that I may not understand that well, or vice versa.
6. The anime is above average. This rating will go to anime if the anime has one thing I really like about it, but everything else about it is meh, this could be characters, soundtrack, art, story, etc.
5. The anime was average. This rating will go to anime that did not really move me in any way, and I borderline enjoyed. Anime with 5's are good, but nothing special a good way to kill time, it may also be anime that has a genre that I don't really like, but watched anyways. Any score below 5 are generally bad scores.
4. The anime is below average. This rating will go to anime that disappointed me, the anime may have started out good, but started going downhill later on in the series, or the anime was alright, but has a major lack of production value. This rating may also go to anime with characters that I really did not like, or a anime with major plot holes.
3. The anime is meh. This rating will go to anime that genuinely bored me, and was generally uninteresting to watch.
2. The anime was bad. This rating will go to anime that are genuinely bad and did not enjoy at all. These titles are few and far between, and its rare that I watch anime that deserve this score as I tend to know what type of anime I will not like and avoid it.
1. I hate this anime. If something is rated a 1 on my list, it is probably dropped on the first episode. These anime are anime that I go into expecting a certain level of production value, only to be severely disappointed.
I am a married man who likes to spend his leisure time watching anime, mainly due to my interest in Japanese pop culture and media.
I pride myself in being a mature user, and will not troll/derail/disrespect anyone's thread, opinions, or beliefs. If you want to troll me, that's fine, just make it good.
I both play video games and watch anime, I would say I watch a little more anime than game, but lately I have been playing GW2 with a irl friend.
If you have played Ar Tonelico, you win a cookie, it will forever be my favorite JRPG.
Finally, I am an EDM Finatic I like higher tempo songs, but everything is fair game in my book.
SPOILER WARNING This is where I post videos of my favorite moments in anime
My list of favorite characters in no particular order
Meme Oshino Bakemonogatari
Oshino is a mysterious character who has knowledge of the Shinto religion, and plays a role in Bakemonogatari helping the main characters with their supernatural ordeals. His untold background story is what peaks my interest the most, as he has studied Shinto and can preform traditional Shinto practices, but is not actually a Shinto priest, from this, and the fact that he has a necklace and an earring consisting of an inverted cross, carrying the meaning of unworthiness to his beliefs, I can only speculate that he has experienced some sort of traumatic event that effected his beliefs tremendously, and thus lives in regret. This is backed by his secluded living situation, with the exception of another certain anti-social character (who also has unfortunate circumstances may I add), either way, his personality is great, and fits his role perfectly - making him a favorite character of mine.
Nbhw, Khasmin Shakugan no Shana
The man with no vowels in his given name, and a mysterious personality to go with it, Khasmin has got to be my only favorite character in SnS (as personally I was somewhat disappointed on how the other characters turned out). Khasmin, is an absolute boss, able to turn into a giant golem and wreck everything in his path, while keeping the balance between the real and supernatural, all while having the appearance of a 10 year old boy
Agashi Giniro no Kami no Agito
Ginro no Kami no Agito was a beautiful movie that will forever have my favorite anime opening, but the words that comes out of this guy's mouth is even more beautiful. Agashi, although disabled and unable to do anything other than sit there and be one with nature (literally) his words of wisdom gave me some pretty down to earth vibes, and made for some pretty memorable quotes that really do apply to real life in the right situations. This guy could be my life coach any day.
Aurica Nestmile Ar Tonelico
A special case here, as nobody probably knows who Aurica Nestmile is, unless you played the game Ar Tonelico. No, apart from a shotty 30 min OVA that had below average production value, Ar Tonelico is not an anime. It is a JRPG/VN that ranks at the top of my fav JRPG titles, it has 2 sequels in its series. Aurica at first appears frail and does not believe in her own abilities as a Reyvateil, however as you learn more about her through diving (which gives mountains of backstory on the girl) as well as watch her personality change throughout the game, you learn to appreciate her, and who she is after learning about her circumstances. Aurica would be my waifu if I was not already married
Index Liborum Prohibitorum To Aru Majutsu no Index
I could go on and on typing for a straight hour and have the complete down to the word backstory of this girl, backed by my own theories about the connections between her personality, abilities, and the very reason of why she even exists in an anime like To Aru Majutsu no Index, so if possible, I'll try and be brief. Pretty much, the passage "John 1:13. I had many things to write, but I will not with inke and pen write unto thee." from the King James version of the Holy Bible, sums up her very character and abilities. Everything about her character I can make a connection with things I have learned from studying world religions, which is why I think she is a very special character.
Apart from her very deep and complex backstory and connections with real life Christian beliefs, she fits the perfect role for being the bridge between Religion/magic and Science, as her amazing photographic memory allows her to identify any and all weaknesses to magic, and even go as far as to intercept them. This is based on an old tale within Christianity, in short, "Whomever possesses knowledge of beyond this Earth, shall become cursed with contradiction, misplaced faith; and shall never stand corrected" (laymens terms: Knowing everything about everything is cool and all but has its downsides, such as losing any sense of faith)
Plan to add more later!
I play all kinds of games!
If you want to play a game with me, here is my information
Skype: Ziggycuff, state who you are or you will not be accepted