So, to sum it up: this show is just one mediocre mess. RErideD was one of these shows that kept me watching despite it lacking in almost every department. I did have some hopes, the plot was semi-interesting and the idea's it explored was something I thought to be pretty cool, but I was let down. I think it's a shame that these ideas were put into a show that obviously had little to no budget, and maybe if a better studio and more budget was put into this, I think it could've done well.
Some things that were okay (i guess??):
- The ideas were interesting
and the story itself was enough to keep me intrigued, it explored things like AI and the idea of how AI could impact war along with the more sci-fi theme of time travelling.
- The ending was actually satisfactory, it didn't leave us on any cliffhangers and didn't really leave us with a lot of questions.
- This is kind of weird but I enjoyed the sound effects, they were weirdly nice to listen to.
- The ending song was really good, it's relaxing and it was nice to just ease out of the episode by listening to it.
The things I dislike:
- THE CHARACTERS! Derrida is literally as bland as you can get, he's the most boring mc to watch and the supporting cast aren't much better honestly. I'd say my favourite character was probably Donna since her backstory was interesting and pretty well thought up. Other than that though, none of the characters are memorable at all.
- The pacing was all over the place, the story itself was an absolute mess, after every episode you're left questioning whether or not you should stick along with the series or not.
- I watched this show as it aired and had hope for it to improve, the 20 minutes each week weren't really much of a drag for me but if you're someone who plans on binging it, please don't: the whole show will just bore you to death, literally.
Overall, this show is just mediocre and not worth the time. It's just not good ?? I don't really know how to explain it but the show itself is in fact weirdly intriguing which is why quite a lot of us stayed around until the very end, but not being able to even like the characters due to how bland they are and the story overall being messy just leaves you thinking "OK, I guess" by the end of it all. Anyways, I'd advise you all to not waste your time on this show, it's for your own good.