I'm pretty new to anime as I never really watched it when I was growing up due to the fact that nobody I knew watched or ever talked about it so I honestly didn't even know it existed for most of my life. Then one day I saw Death Note on Netflix and thought it looked interesting so I gave it a shot. It turned out to be one of the most entertaining things I had ever seen and watched Attack on Titan immediately after and loved that too. Unfortunately Netflix had a pretty limited supply of anime at the time so I only really watched it on and off until about late 2015-2016 when I got really into it. I've been watching as much anime as I can ever since and haven't regretted it for a moment.
I'm currently attempting the 2018 Hardcore AWC so any recommendations you think I might like are more than welcome (also recommendations that I might not like are welcome too as I like trying out new anime.)
Also feel free start up a conversation with me if you want to talk or you're welcome to just add me.
I rate mostly based on enjoyment and only after I've seen all of the (available) episodes. I would say anime that I rate between 7 and 10 are ones that I would recommend. I usually tend to rate my anime pretty positively as I feel that there is almost always some aspect to enjoy in any anime.
10. Not necessarily flawless but perfect in the sense that there was nothing that hindered my enjoyment of the anime and I could see myself re-watching it countless times.
9. Great anime and highly enjoyable but there were a few very minor flaws that I had with it that kept it from getting a 10. Could easily see myself re-watching it someday.
8. Very enjoyable anime that I had a few problems with but could maybe see myself going back for a rewatch.
7. An anime that is good but not great. The positives still outweigh the negatives but probably not going to be re-watched.
6. Just above average where there were maybe a few good things and maybe even a couple great ones, but ultimately fell short in too many other areas.
5. An anime that is distinctively average throughout, not necessarily a chore to get through, but also not very enjoyable to watch either.
4. A sub-par/bad anime where the negatives outweigh the positives and was most likely a pain to get through.
3. An anime that is hardly enjoyable at all that I was either forced to watch or I found it so bad that it was just a little bit funny.
2. An anime that is simply not worth watching for any reason. It wouldn't be hard to find something better to do.
1. An anime that was so horrendous that I probably wouldn't even admit to watching it.
Note: Don't really remember exact dates or milestones of anything before I joined this site so things like episodes watched and days watched will be added once I hit the next milestone. So yeah it looks pretty boring right now but what can ya do?