Back to Th334's Profile Th334's Profile

Jan 28, 2017
​I kept this review as spoiler-free as possible and marked the section you may wish to skip if you don't want anything spoiled at all. This review is not nostalgically biased as I watched the movie for the first time in 2017 just before writing this, neither I am a dedicated Miyazaki fan or have anything against his work.

The overall score of 6 means that I found it to be a fine movie. It had some issues that stopped me from really liking it when all's said and done, but it captured my imagination and I was not indifferent, nor did I dislike it.

--- INTRODUCTION read more
Nov 15, 2016
--- INTRODUCTION ---
I decided to watch Yuki Yuna is a Hero after thoroughly enjoying Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, which opened my mind to what the magic girl genre could be and is one of the best series I've seen. In a nutshell, Yuki Yuna spectacularly failed at almost everything that I loved about Madoka Magica, but it had nothing to do with superficial similarities between the two shows, and everything to do with... well, a whole list of things right below:

--- THE BAD ---
(story, world building, characters, battles)

(1) The story is the worst part. It has numerous plot holes towards the climax of the show read more