Back to Tenderizer17's Profile Tenderizer17's Profile

Jul 4, 2019
Through millennia of evolution, the sound of a crying child has been genetically engineered to be the most insufferable noise imaginable.

Of course, in Candy Candy it's not nearly as grating, but the characters are crying all the time. It's more realistic that way, but it's not exactly in service of anything. The anime is from the 1970's and hence so are the concerns it addresses (whatever those are).

Oh, and it looks and sounds awful.

But at least Donald Trump makes an appearance.

EDIT: As I watched more, I've actually come to somewhat enjoy this (as long as nobody's not crying). That's something.
Feb 25, 2019
A comedy anime that hedges all it's bets on the comedy but isn't really that funny. It looks like garbage, the characters are garbage, the sound is double garbage and ... yeah just don't watch this series.

I was told that I need to explain why someone might like this series in my negative reviews. So if you like this series it will be for the comedy, it's mostly "the protagonist is a massive jerk" and if you're into that and have already seen ... Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and even the second half of SAO S1 then you may want to turn to this series.
Feb 25, 2019
This is a World Masterpiece Theatre anime I believe. None of those are good.

The main commonality between all WMT anime is that the plot progresses at a snails pace and the space inbetween doesn't build the characters with well composed comedy slice of life or build the world with the same. They may be 40 episodes long because they linger on individual details long after the point's come across. This is apparent with this series too.

I can't really comment much on the story since I've only seen one episode, but the story doesn't gain anything by being adapted to animation in the WMT way.
Feb 14, 2019
They had a unique premise of an animated radio show but by failing to maintain the fourth wall the execution fails to surpass an average conversation. The characters play the weird sports they come up with, but only thrice.

The animation and sound are as below par as you'd expect. The characters have personalities but not much.

The best I can say about this series is that it's watchable. The worst I can say about it is that it breaks the fourth wall (which is to say, breaking the fourth wall is a really bad thing to do in almost all cases). Don't watch this series.
Dec 7, 2018
Don't let the sweet tag of "seinen" fool you, this is a shounen anime. A shounen anime that masquerades as a serious space drama, but follows the same pattern of conflict creation and resolution as Naruto.

It's kind of an exaggeration to say it's a shounen anime, 95 of the 99 episodes are shouen. There's a four episode stretch somewhere in the middle where they are actually in space, along with a few one minute segments spread out across fifteen or so episodes. Those are (aside from one well paced scene) the best part of the series. Those one minute segments are a sci-fi slice read more
Oct 13, 2018
Momokuri is a cute, cliche romance anime. That's the full extent of any review you need.

The unique premise of this series is that the lead girl of this anime is a stalker, which doesn't set this series apart only because it doesn't go far enough that it'd change the relationship dynamic. Kurihara's stalker tendencies are so moderate that you'd be forgiven for forgetting about them entirely.

Momokuri has an interesting premise, which it does nothing with. Originally that made me score it a 3/10, but I've calm down now. Momokuri is a decent show, and I'd love to see better, but this version does exists.
Jul 15, 2018
The Place Promised in Our Early Days. One of only 3 anime that deserve a 0/10.

I'm of the impression that I'm missing something important. Specifically, I am lacking what would allow me to "get" Shinkai's works. I could tolerate Garden of Words, and I loved 5 Centimetres per Second but everything else he's even tangentially involved in is trash in my eyes.

When watching this movie I was fully prepared not to understand the appeal, however what I wasn't prepared for was an experience that couldn't even compete with data entry. Watching this movie was beyond insufferable, it was so boring as to bring me read more
May 19, 2018
This review is only about the endless eight.

THE ENDLESS EIGHT IS A MASTERPIECE. There, I said it.

Let me preface this by saying, that the hate for the endless eight is built solely on misinformation and presumption. The endless eight was not why we don't have Haruhi season 3. The endless eight was not a joke meant to make fun of us. The endless eight was not an attempt to spread out the source material as far as possible.

What the endless eight is, is probably one of the richest artistic commentaries to come out to date. It's common for people to evaluate art solely read more
Mar 18, 2018
Kimi no na Wa is a basically a masterpiece. However, it's also proof that the term's meaningless. It became one by treading well trodden ground and hence is completely forgettable. I do not agree with many of the criticisms I've came across for this movie, because none of them are strong enough to tear a good movie apart. Ultimately though, Kimi no na Wa is neither especially good nor especially bad. It's at best a flashy bundle of nothingness.

There are three main reasons I've heard for this shows acclaim. Emotional impact, production values and polish.

The emotional impact of this movie is ... where read more